Estate Planning, Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills
The lawyers at Mark Gray Law, PLC are prepared to assist you develop your estate plan. They dedicate time to get to know you by understanding your family, thoroughly reviewing asset information, and providing recommendations for the best way to achieve your planning goals. Our lawyers can assist you with advanced and customized estate plans for blended families, family business succession, family farms or other unique assets, and high net worth individuals with prospective federal estate tax liability.
- Wills and Trusts
- Powers of attorney (financial and health care)
- Living Wills
- Prenuptial and antenuptial agreements
- Irrevocable and Life Insurance Trusts (ILIT)
- Advice and assistance regarding:
- joint tenancy, payable on death or transfer on death clauses and beneficiary designations;
- title to real estate;
- Federal estate tax and Iowa inheritance tax liability;
- electing portability (deceased spouse's unused exemption); and,
- Individuals, "typical" and "blended" families
- High net worth individuals and couples
- Those with complex assets or issues
Cases and Transactions
- We have developed plans designed to save federal estate tax, Iowa inheritance tax, state and federal income tax, and state and federal capital gains tax. We explain whether and how these taxes may affect our clients' estate plan, and help them navigate the complex interaction of these taxes and the estate planning tools available to them.
- We have given clients piece of mind by developing estate plans designed to preserve the family farm, inherited lake homes, and other unique or special assets. We also help preserve assets going to minors or financially immature heirs.
- We represent clients with unique family situations and help them develop plans to benefit remote family members, friends, charities and various combinations.