Our attorneys have extensive experience necessary to advise clients in the administration of Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts.
- Trust administration
- Trust accounting
- Preparation of federal estate tax returns, including to elect spousal portability
- Preparation of Iowa inheritance tax returns
- Assistance with fiduciary income tax returns
- Court approved trust amendments and modifications
- Advice and assistance regarding:
- effect of title to real estate and other assets, including joint tenancy;
- effect of payable on death or transfer on death clauses and beneficiary designations;
- qualified disclaimers; and,
- post-mortem estate tax planning.
- Individuals and families with who have lost a loved one and need assistance through the trust administrative process, including;
- High net worth individuals with federal estate tax liability;
- Individuals with Iowa inheritance tax liability;
- "Typical" or "Blended" family issues; and,
- Individuals claiming to have been treated unfairly or improperly by a trustee of a trust.
- Cases and Transactions
- We have developed trusts designed to save hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal estate tax.